Why Spring Season Is The Best Time To Sell Your Home In Lakeland
When it comes to selling a home quickly and for the best price, it pays to put it on the market during the spring. Springtime is when homes traditionally hit the market, so more people are looking to buy. Some great reasons to consider selling your home in Lakeland during the spring include:
- Superior Comps and Better Prices – When selling your home, you want it to sell for top dollar. Appraisals, which determine real estate values, are heavily based on recent sales. More homes sell during the spring than at any other time, so more of these comparables – or comps – are available. Therefore, you’re more likely to get the best price for your home by listing it during the spring.
- More Buyers – You’re more likely to sell your home quickly and for the best price when there are lots of buyers active in the market. Spring is the most convenient time to buy for most people. It gives families with kids time to prepare before the next school year, for example, and the quiet summer months allow buyers to settle in before the mad rush of the holidays.
- Improved Curb Appeal – Let’s face it: Homes just don’t look as inviting during the dark, cold winter months. If you live in an icy or snowy environment, that’s especially true. During the spring, you can cash in on the incredible benefits of curb appeal. Planting flowers, laying down fresh mulch, and painting the front door are all simple yet effective ways to pique buyers’ interest, and you will miss out on these opportunities by not putting your house on the market in the springtime.
- Longer Days – The clock “springs forward” in mid-March, producing longer days that give you more time to market your house effectively. You’ll have an easier time with showings and open houses with more daylight to work with, and the temperatures are still mild enough to keep buyers motivated. Furthermore, many buyers spend the winter months preparing for their spring house-hunting ventures, and they’re typically ready to pounce with longer days and warmer temperatures arrive.
- Easier Logistics – If you’re going to buy a new home after selling your home in Lakeland, it’s especially wise to put it on the market during the spring. Your house is more likely to sell quickly since there are so many more buyers on the market during this time of year. You’re also more likely to get the best price for your home, giving you more cash to put toward your new home. Because you’ll be buying a house too, you’ll find it easier to identify the right one during the spring when there are more offerings.
Spring is officially here so if you’ve been thinking about selling your house, it’s time to get going. By listing it on the market early in the spring, you’ll have the best odds of selling it quickly, with less hassle, and for top dollar.